Saturday 2 May 2020

Moving Across the Country


When I graduated college I was a young inexperienced individual with the whole world ahead of me.  I had many choices to make that concerned where I would start my future.  I did lots of research on cities and jobs that I was qualified for and what amount I would need to make and where I could be the most efficient with my money.  Having debt to pay off I needed to live in an area that paid lots of money and the cost of living was low so I could pay debt off. This is a complicated equation in the United States because many different cities have very different economy’s and the pay to cost valuation is very different.  Eventually I landed on the idea of moving to Nashville Tennessee.  This decision was based off the fact that I was hired to do a job that would pay for a high education and allow me to get my doctorate degree for free.

I decided it was time to go look for a place to live in Nashville. After the highing process I had driven down there many times and had a good understanding of the layout.  While down there for one portion of my interview I decided to go apartment shopping.  I visited 5 different places in one day and finally made my decision.  From here on out I went shopping for shipping supplies to make sure I had the correct amount of boxes and tape for my trip. 


Next thing i had to do was find a way to get down to Nashville Tennessee the most economical way possible with all my possessions. I had just moved from college and still had all my old shipping supplies aka old boxes and most of my stuff was packed up.  Unfortunately the boxes were flimsy after the move and they were not going to make another trip.  So I decided to purchases new ones and it was a good idea in the long run.  Instead of having stacking issues I was able to rent a uhaul trailer and borrow a truck.
  With the proper boxes I was able to efficiently stack all my possessions in the trailer.  The trailer was able to be smaller do to the efficiency and I was able to borrow a truck to pull a smaller trailer and pay less money to move. I would suggest being efficient in all things and and it allowed me to move safely and for less money.


No comments:

Post a Comment